Joe Calzaghe says he is confident of success in his legal battle with Frank Warren after the promoter brought a High Court action against him.
"The claim is without merit, I'll fight it vigorously, but that is only half the story," Calzaghe told the Argus.
The pair split in June, and Warren's company Sports Network lodged the claim three days after Calzaghe announced he would be promoting his own fights.
Full details are yet to emerge, and Warren has declined to comment.
Super-middleweight and light-heavyweight champion Calzaghe had previously enjoyed a 12-year association with Warren.
"I am saddened and disappointed by what Frank Warren and his company have done," said Calzaghe.
"I have shown great loyalty to Frank Warren for many years. As I said in the press lately, I am now a free agent and I have no contractual obligation with Sports Network or Frank Warren."
It emerged on Tuesday that Calzaghe's planned September super-fight with Roy Jones Jr in New York had been postponed until November because the Newbridge-based southpaw injured his right wrist in training.
Writing in his column for the South Wales Argus newspaper, Calzaghe said on Friday the injury was caused as a right hook aimed at his dad and trainer Enzo's pads landed badly.
"I felt a jolt of pain in my wrist. So maybe we can blame dad," he wrote, adding a scan revealed a strained tendon but no broken bones.
He said his intention was to fight Jones at light-heavyweight, dismissing the American's reported wish to contend at both light-heavyweight and super-middleweight by weighing-in twice.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.