Junior Witter is on course to fight WBC light welterweight title-holder Floyd Mayweather after being made the mandatory challenger for the belt.
Witter says he is confident of beating any light welterweight
The European and Commonwealth champion had been due to fight an eliminator, but would-be foe Gianluca Branco chose to take on Miguel Cotto instead.
"I'm really happy to finally have the mandatory position," said Witter, who vacated the British title on Thursday.
"Fighting for the WBC title means the world. It's the belt everyone wants."
Even Witter is unsure that he will actually get to take on Mayweather, who is widely regarded as the best pound-for-pound boxer around.
The American has been linked with Britain's IBF champion Ricky Hatton and is also toying with the idea of moving up to welterweight.
"I've given up predicting what fighters are going to do, but I hope Mayweather sticks around," said Witter.
"Even though he is the toughest fight out there I want him and genuinely believe I can beat him.
"I think he is a brilliant fighter, but his chin still hasn't been tested by a proper puncher at the weight like me. I have been a light welterweight since I was 16."
If Mayweather opts to vacate the belt, Witter would meet a challenger for the vacant WBC crown.
"I don't mind who I have to fight if Mayweather does go elsewhere, as long as it's soon," he said.
"I am confident I can beat any 140lb fighter in the world. Maybe Zab Judah could step in. That might make for an interesting rematch."
Judah is the only man to have beaten Witter - on points in a 2000 encounter.
"It would be a different affair this time," said Witter. "I have championship experience now and would knock him out."