Woods thought he had won
Britain's Clinton Woods says a hand injury damaged his quest for the IBF light-heavyweight crown on Friday.
The 31-year-old thought he had edged a bruising encounter with Jamaican Glencoffe Johnson at the Hillsborough Leisure centre, but the judges decided it was a draw.
One of the judges scored the bout 114-114 after the first two judges had favoured different fighters.
Woods later revealed that a hand injury sustained early in the fight prevented him from throwing out the jab on a more regular basis.
"My left hand went in the fourth or fifth round and I think I may have damaged the ligaments again," said Woods.
"I tried not to use it for a few rounds but then your adrenalin kicks in and I started using it again.
"It hampered me a little bit because the jab was my main weapon in sparring, so I had to go through the pain barrier a little bit.
"But I still thought I sneaked it in the end. I had to win the last three or four rounds and I thought I did that. I'm very disappointed, especially with the hand going.
"I'm still on track (for a world title). I'd love a rematch with him but I need to get my hand checked out first and get that right.
"I want that title and hopefully it will be third time lucky. It will come, I just need to keep training.
"My jab was going brilliant in training and I'm gutted - but I'll be back. I will see a specialist as soon as possible and hopefully it will heal quickly."
Woods, who lost first his world title fight to Roy Jones Jnr last year, had the full support of the crowd at the Hillsborough Leisure Centre.
But Johnson came out throwing big shots and looked the stronger when they came together.
Both fighters slipped to the canvas in the eighth, but it was Woods who stepped up his work rate in the later stages.
The high-octane action continued in the last few rounds but neither fighter was able to dominate.