Belarus claimed their third gold medal of the World Championships when Irina Yatchenko won the women's discus with a first-round throw of 67.32 metres.
Irina Yachenko edged out Anastasia Kelesidou for the gold
Greece's Anastasia Kelesidou was second with 67.14m while her compatriot Ekaterini Voggoli took the bronze with 66.73m.
Yatchenko's victory ensured she became the oldest ever world champion.
The 37-year-old is four months older than Russian Yelena Nikolayeva, who won the women's 20 km walk on Sunday.
1. Irina Yatchenko (Blr) 67.32m
2. Anastasia Kelesidou (Gre) 67.14m
3. Ekaterini Voggoli (Gre) 66.73m
4. Olena Antonova (Ukr) 65.90m
5. Vera Pospisilova (Cze) 65.55m
6. Natalya Sadova (Rus) 65.22m
7. Song Aimin (Chn) 63.84m
8. Anna Soderberg (Swe) 61.61m
9. Suzanne Powell (USA) 59.86m
10. Teresa Machado (Por) 59.46m