1. This competition is open to UK residents only. Overseas entries will not be considered.
2. This competition is not open to BBC employees or contractors or any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
3. This competition is only open to individuals aged 16 and over. Proof of age may be requested.
5. Only one entry will be accepted per individual.
6. The deadline for receiving entries for this competition is 12am on Monday 9 April 2007. The results will be announced on this site in the following week.
7. The prize is the chosen individual being followed and filmed by BBC Sport Academy for the period up to and including the event on 1 July 2007. This could involve posting diaries and articles in the form of video, photos and the written word on the Sport Academy website and on 606. The winner will have to sign a contributor consent form giving the BBC the right to use all or part of any footage it may film or the postings on tv, online or in any other media as it thinks fit. The BBC will have the right to edit or adapt any of the material.
9. Subject to the BBC's sole discretion, the individual may also, throughout the duration, be visited by a variety of sporting experts, such as a coach, rider and nutritionist, and assist with their analysis and recommendations to improve their performance.
10. The site editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winning individual will be contacted by telephone. Please be aware that the winning individual may be asked to take part in competition publicity.
12. The prize may only be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
13. The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
14. Entrants must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
15. The BBC reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control.
16. If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the BBC reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
17. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.
18. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
19. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
20. This competition is administered by BBC Sport Interactive.
21. All arrangements concerning the British Cyclosportive event will be made by that organisation and the BBC can accept no responsibility for this aspect.