Scotland Wales Northern Ireland
BBC Homepage feedback | low graphics version
BBC Sport Online
You are in: Football: Scot Div 1  
Front Page 
Eng Prem 
Eng Div 1 
Eng Div 2 
Eng Div 3 
Eng Conf 
Scot Prem 
Scot Div 1 
Scot Div 2 
Scot Div 3 
Champions League 
Uefa Cup 
Rugby Union 
Rugby League 
Other Sports 
Sports Talk 
In Depth 
Results &  Fixtures 
Photo Galleries 
TV & Radio 

Around The Uk

Saturday, 16 September, 2000, 18:47 GMT 19:47 UK
Morton 1-1 Ayr United
Morton enjoyed early and late dominance at Cappielow to earn a 1-1 draw with Ayr - who were the dominant either side of half-time.

Morton were on the attack early on, with Karim Boukra, Harry Curran and Stewart McDonald working well in midfield.

Ayr's net had a couple of early escapes before Stephen Whelan converted from the spot in the 31st minute.

Boukraa had been sent clear on the right by Whelan and his penalty box cross was on the way to Harry Curran until trialist Craig McEwan shoved him over.

Pat McGinley and Paddy Connolly then took charge for Ayr, and after Mark Crilly's shot went narrowly wide, the equaliser arrived when hot-shot Eddie Annand hammered the ball home following a melee in the Morton goalmouth.

The intensity of this contest was underlined by seven bookings. Mark Campbell, Marvyn Wilson, Craig McEwan and Annand of Ayr were booked in addition to Morton trio Boukraa, Derek Anderson and Paul McDonald.

Morton manager Allan Evans was also sent from the dug-out for what appeared to be persistent dissent.

Morton: Boswell, Murie, Anderson, Merdou - Otey, Raeside, Curran, MacDonald, Millen, Whalen, Boukkra, P. McDonald.

Subs: Aitken, Matheson, Davies, Kerr, Carlin.

Ayr United: Nelson, McKeown, Lovering, Duffy, Campbell, Craig, Reynolds, Wilson, Annand, Connolly, McGinlay.

Subs: Bradford, Burns, Rovde, Crilly, Scally.

Referee: B Cassidy.

Search BBC Sport Online
Advanced search options
Links to top Scot Div 1 stories are at the foot of the page.

Links to other Scot Div 1 stories

^^ Back to top