BBC Sport football


Related BBC sites

Page last updated at 18:17 GMT, Saturday, 13 November 2010

Dunfermline 2-2 Raith Rovers

By Sandra Brown
BBC Scotland at East End Park

Scottish Football League

Allan Walker scored in stoppage time to keep Raith Rovers top of the Division One table as they fought back from two goals down to draw with Dunfermline.

Striker Pat Clarke turned the ball in after 19 minutes to put the second-top home side ahead in the Fife derby.

Defender Callum Woods extended the lead with a 20-year drive after 31 minutes.

But, after Dunfermline's Neil McGregor was sent off, Iain Williamson slotted in with seven minutes remaining then Walker fired into the top corner.

Kick-off had been delayed as more than 7,000 supporters turned up at East End Park and they saw Clarke open the scoring.

Willie Gibson did well down the right and his ball into the box was turned under goalkeeper David McGurn from inside the six-yard box.

Woods made it two on the half-hour mark with a low left-foot drive then Andy Kirk passed up a great chance to extend the lead.

But, after McGregor was sent off for a second yellow card after 71 minutes, Rovers fought back.

There was controversy as Dunfermline tried to make a double substitution.

After bringing on Joe Cardle and Ryan Thomson, with David Graham having left the pitch injured, referee Eddie Smith restarted the game before Kirk, the second man to be replaced, left the field.

Substitute Williamson scored with seven minutes to go after rounding goalkeeper Chris Smith.

Williamson then hit the crossbar before Walker beat Smith in the top corner in stoppage time.

The point keeps Rovers' unbeaten run on the road intact and it is the first points the Pars have dropped at East End Park this season.

Dunfermline Athletic manager Jim McIntyre:
"We gave the linesman the two slips that you give them and he started the play before Andy came off.

"I don't really want to talk about that. We did the correct thing.

"They were the master of their own downfall. They should not be throwing away a two-goal lead at home."

Raith Rovers manager John McGlynn:
"I said one or two things at half-time and we were looking more like it after the restart.

"The game is never finished. They had a man sent off, so you never give up.

"We showed tremendous character to come back and could have won the game in the end. We finished by far the stronger team."

Dunfermline: Chris Smith, Woods, Dowie, Keddie, McCann, Gibson (Higgins 89), Mason, McGregor, David Graham (Cardle 77), Clarke, Kirk (Thomson 77).
Subs Not Used: Allison, McDougall.

Sent Off: McGregor (73). Booked: McGregor, Clarke, Kirk, Gibson.

Goals: Clarke 19, Woods 31.

Raith: McGurn, Craig Wilson, Murray, Ellis, Dyer, Ferry, Walker, Davidson, McBride (Weir 76), Tade (Williamson 76), Mole (Baird 59).
Subs Not Used: McNeil, Campbell.

Booked: Craig Wilson, Ellis, Walker.

Goals: Williamson 84, Walker 90.

Att: 7,158

Ref: E Smith

Print Sponsor

related bbc links:

related internet links:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2017 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.