Fixers were recently signed to Young and Lost Club
To kick off the new year BBC Introducing in Oxford has put together a one-off show packed full of advice for unsigned bands.
The Unsigned Guide sees Dave Gilyeat and Sam King talk to promoters, record labels, managers, journalists and other important figures on the Oxford music scene.
The show sets out to answer all the questions and break down some of the barriers that unsigned bands might meet early on in their career.
How do you get your first gig? What does a manager do? Do you really need a record label? And how do you get your song played on BBC Introducing in Oxford?
Guests on the show include:
- Carl Bathgate, Commercial Development Manager for Academy Music Group and former manager of the o2 Academy Oxford
- Kevin from Daisy Rodgers promotions
- Jon Chapman, head of Radiate Management and manager of Stornoway
- Ronan Munro, editor of legendary Oxford music magazine Nightshift
- Kevin Douch and Jack Pop, runners of local labels Big Scary Monsters and Alcopop
- Sara Jade from Young and Lost Club
- Simon Minter from musicinoxford.co.uk
- Robin Bennett from Truck
- Tim Turan, Head of Turan Audio Ltd
The show covers a lot of the areas that are also available to explore on the
BBC Introducing advice page.
It also features great tracks from Stornoway, Wild Swim, Rhosyn, Mr Fogg and Spring Offensive.
The BBC Introducing in Oxford Unsigned Guide can be heard on BBC Radio Oxford 95.2FM on New Year's Day at 1800 GMT.
But if you miss the show be sure to download the
or check out the