Passengers on a busy Tube line will have to contend with weekend disruption beyond Easter 2010, London Underground has admitted.
Earlier this week, London Mayor Boris Johnson told MPs that Jubilee line passengers faced months of weekend delays.
This is due to Underground maintenance company Tube Lines falling well behind with the upgrade of the line which should have finished at the end of this year.
LU said on Friday that from January 9 2010, there will be full or part closures, on the Jubilee line for all but three weekends up to Easter with the entire line being shut from Good Friday April 2 until Easter Monday April 5.
There will also be complete closures on the weekends of January 9/10 and March 13/14.
The only weekends up to Easter when services on the line will be unaffected are February 13/14, February 27/28 (the weekend of football's League Cup Final at Wembley) and March 27/28.
"It is clear that further closures beyond this (Easter 2010) will be required," said LU.
February 13 and 14
February 27 and 28
March 27 and 28
LU managing director Richard Parry added: "When complete, the upgrade of the Jubilee line will deliver faster and more frequent journeys for Londoners.
"That is why it is hugely frustrating for Londoners, businesses and ourselves that Tube Lines have failed to deliver the upgrade by the end of December, the contractual date.
"We regret that we have been put in a position where we have to grant these further closures and apologise to passengers for the further disruption that they will face next year as a result of Tube Lines' failure to complete the work."
He went on: "It is vital Tube Lines take full advantage of this access and deliver the upgrade as soon as possible. We will do all we can to minimise the impact of these closures by providing alternative transport and information for our customers wherever possible."