The Sugarbabes performed at the Peel Bay Festival in 2007
In 2007 Jonathon Irving set about organising the largest music festival the Isle of Man had ever seen.
He brought over some of the biggest names in the music industry but sadly his efforts cost him dearly.
Despite attracting 30,000 people to the event Jonathon still lost hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Undeterred Jonathon Irving is planning to come back in 2010 but this time he said, he will be running the event with his head and not his heart.
FESTIVAL DATES SO FAR
Friday 18 June JLS (Best newcomer award at the 2009 MOBO's
Saturday 19 June - The main act (To be announced) will be supported by Calvin Harris
Sunday 20 June - The X-factor meets Britain's got Talent.
"I did lose an awful lot of money in 2007 but it would only be a true loss if I never did it again," said festival promoter Jonathon Irving.
"I feel that I have an opportunity to turn it all around and produce a break- even position next time. If I can achieve that then maybe I will be able to make this into an annual event.
"I learnt a lot of lessons back in 2007 and I will not be repeating any mistakes.
"I am pretty convinced that by simply moving the event to Douglas I will have a sporting chance of breaking even," he added.
Instead of running for seven nights next year's festival will be restricted to three and Jonathan Irving wants the Isle of Man Bay Festival to be a "feel-good" event.
"We want every body in the Isle of Man to get behind the festival and feel that they are a part of it. There is a lot of bad news around at the moment, I would like for this festival to be something we can all look forward to."
"We are going to be bringing major A list artists right to the heart of the Isle of Man. The ticket fee will be similar to what you would pay in the UK but of course no one will have to travel on the boat or plane to get there."