The 1821 Lucton Parish survey will be on display.
The Herefordshire Records Office is launching an exhibition on Tuesday, 8 February.
The display will include original material from what's thought to be some of the first recorded 17th century "head counts."
Certain surveys by local parishes were completed for the benefit of the Bishop - some listed every household, while others only named non-conformists.
The Registry Office began conducting the census still in use today in 1841.
Herefordshire Archives will be exhibiting surviving surveys such as the Compton Census in 1675 and the 1801 - 1831 Lucton Parish surveys.
Past census records
Census records dating back to the 19th century from in and around Herefordshire will be on display using information obtained from
Points of interest include well-known local family names like Bulmers and job descriptions such as "Worm Destroyer" and "Grand Cider Drinker."
An original letter summarising 'the population of Lucton in 1800.'
This year's census day is Sunday, 27 March - questionnaires are being sent out by post to all householders during March ready for completion before, on or as soon as possible after census day.
The 2011 Census will create around 35,000 jobs and cost approximately £482m.
It is a legal requirement to complete and return the questionnaire - householders who do not could face prosecution, a fine of up to £1000 and a criminal record.
The first official census of England and Wales census was introduced in 1801 after Parliament passed the Census Act in 1800.
Since then the census has been conducted every 10 years other than 1941.