Page last updated at 15:36 GMT, Friday, 21 January 2011
Holding a street party: Herefordshire & Worcestershire
Street party
Street party celebrations for the Silver Jubilee in 1977

Here are some links and guidelines if you are planning to hold a street party to mark the royal wedding on Friday, 29 April.

You may need to apply to your local council to request that the street be closed to traffic - there can be a cost involved in this.

You may have to apply for a licence, especially if you plan to have a bar where people pay for their drinks.

You may also need a licence if you plan to have live music.

If the street parties involve having a bar, band or dancing, they may equire a Temporary Event Notice (TEN), which covers up to 500 people attending, and must be applied for 12 working days in advance. A TEN will cost £21.

Bromsgrove District Council

The council isn't charging for street closures for royal wedding street parties, but the person organising the party will have to take care of all the administration themselves.

Applications should be made as soon as possible.

For more information call Bromsgrove District Council on 01527 881288, or email

Herefordshire Council

The council is making no charge for road closures, but the application for these has to be made six weeks in advance, to the council's contractors Amey.

The council say that organizers of street parties will need to obtain £5m of public liability insurance to cover their events.

For more details contract 01432 261800 or email

Malvern Hills District Council

Malvern Hills District Council have produced a street party pack, to give people the information they need.

It is available on the council's website.

For more information call 01684 862151 or email

Redditch Borough Council

The normal cost for closing a road is £75 plus VAT, plus the cost of putting the order in the local press.

There is no policy (as yet) from the council over whether this will be waived for the royal wedding.

More information from Pete Liddington, on 01527 64252.

Worcester City Council

The council have yet to decide if they are charging for street closures, or how much.

Any requests for Road Closure Orders must be received at the latest by February 28 2011.

Applications may be made either in writing to The Parking Office, Worcester City Council, Orchard House, Farrier Street, Worcester, WR1 3BB or via e-mail to

Wyre Forest District Council

Wyre Forest District Council is producing an online mini-tool kit for residents wishing to hold a street party.

It is planned to go live on the authority's website at the end of January.

It will contain details of permissions/licences which may need obtaining, any costs involved and ideas to help make the party a success.

Anyone without access to the internet will be able to get advice from the Worcestershire Hub on 01562 732928.

Wychavon District Council

Applications need to be made at least six weeks in advance, and the cost is £75.

More information and application forms are on the Wyre Forest District Council website.

You can also apply for a Temporary Event Notice online.


Street party
We will make a gallery of your street party pictures

We'd love to see your photos from street parties you've held in the past, and hear the stories behind the celebrations.

You can email pictures to


Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2020 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific