This picture of Foregate Street station comes from Max Sinclair. It shows the bridge in 1906, before being strengthened by Hardy and Padmores Worcester Foundry. The station itself was built around 1860, when the line to Hereford first opened.
This is the same view in 2007, showing the distinctive coats of arms on the bridge, which is to be repainted as part of the refurbishment.
A steam train at Foregate Street station, photographed by E W Shallow. The old style 'semaphore' signals on the bridge over Foregate Street are just visible behind the train. Worcestershire Record Office's Photographic Survey.
A train in Foregate Street station 2007.
Foregate Street photographed in 1939 by F Malpass. Before nationalisation the station was run by the Great Western Railway. Picture copyright F Malpass - available in Worcestershire Record Office's Photographic Survey.
The station is to get a new, larger, canopy, to replace the rather dilapidated one that is there at the moment
The railway bridge dominates Foregate Street, one of the main routes to the city centre.