Though it has seen some change over the years market square in St Peter Port still has many of the same features it did in the early 1800s.
The butchers market, now home to New Look clothing store, was opened in 1822 replacing the previous stone market on the site of the old rectory gardens.
The entrance to what is now the inner street of the market, which was built in 1830 as part of the renovation that took place when the States took control of the building.
Now called the Inner Street, this area of the market once linked the fruit and flower market at the east to the fish market in the west.
The facade that can be seen on the market was constructed along with the renovation of Fountain Street in the 1820s.
Part of the 1820s market redevelopment saw Fountain Street drastically altered. It was widened from seven to 30 feet and, on the market side, the houses were rebuilt as shops and accommodation.
The final part of the main structure still visible today is the fish market, which features fish scale style roofing tiles.
What are these?