Join Mark every Sunday lunchtime for your chance to win
Each Sunday, join Mark Punter from 11.30am for the Big Quiz of the Week and the chance to win Punter's Prize Pen.
From noon, call on 01245 49 50 50 and tell us you want to play. (Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider's call package).
If you are selected to join in the quiz you'll have the chance to answer as many general and local knowledge questions as you can.
Whoever answers the most question correctly will win the special prize.
Terms and Conditions
From 4, October 2009, BBC Essex listeners will be invited to take part in the "Big Quiz of the Week" on Mark Punter's Sunday Show.
Would-be contestants can call 01245 49 50 50 from midday.
Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider's call package.
Off air you will be asked a couple of questions to test your general knowledge and your suitability to be a lively and interesting contestant.
In addition, callers will be asked to provide their name, telephone contact number and location.
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK including the Channel Islands, except BBC (or its affiliates) employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the programme.
Anyone under 16 must have parental consent. A conversation must take place between the parent and a member of the production team to ensure permission is granted.
2. It will clearly be announced on-air when the competition lines are open and closed.
3. If a contestant is selected to take part in the quiz but is not contactable or available after reasonable attempts by BBC Essex, another contestant will be selected.
4. To win, the contestant must answer correctly more general knowledge questions than any other contestant during the show.
In the event of two or more contestants answering the same number of questions; the winner will be the contestant who answered that number first.
Each contestant will have five seconds to answer any individual question.
5. The prize for the winner is a special Punter's Prize Pen. There is no cash alternative.
6. BBC Essex will make the final decision where a question could be deemed to have more than one answer.
7. The BBC's decision as to contestants taking part and the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
8. The BBC reserves the right to cancel or vary this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise beyond its control.
9. Contestants chosen to play on-air may only be allowed to re-enter the competition after two weeks from their previous appearance.
10. The BBC will only ever use personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without permission. You can read more about the
11. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
12. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.
13. To the extent applicable to quizzes, this event is conducted in line with the BBC's
code of conduct for competitions.