|1. Life / Food & Drink / Recipes|
1. Life / Food & Drink / Breads, Cereals, Grains, Pulses & Pasta
Here is an easy recipe for a great little soup. It comes from North Africa and it's very tasty. You can adjust the spices according to your own particular taste.
Serves 6 - 8
- 100g Haricot Beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 100g Chick peas, soaked overnight and drained
- 100g brown or green lentils, washed, drained
- 3 litres water
- 450g tomatoes tinned or quartered
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons flour
- juice 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put beans, peas and lentils in the water and boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until pulses are tender.
- Add tomatoes, onions, tumeric and coriander and leave for 1/2 hour.
- Beat flour and 175ml water into a smooth paste and stir in.
- Cook for another 15 minutes or until pulses are soft and just breaking up, add more water if necessary.
- Adjust the seasoning, stir in lemon juice and serve.
Discuss this Entry
If you become a member with h2g2 you can discuss this Guide Entry with other Researchers. You can find out more about becoming a member here.
Most of the content on this site is created by h2g2's Researchers, who are members of the public.
The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the BBC. The BBC
is not responsible for the content of any external sites referenced. In the event that you consider anything
on this page to be in breach of the site's House Rules,
please click here to alert our Moderation Team. For any other comments, please start a Conversation below.