Page last updated at 17:40 GMT, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Youth employment debate 2
Labour's Youth Employment Kezia Dugdale said businesses were faced with "complexity in the employability landscape" during the second part of the debate on youth employment on 10 January 2013.
Ms Dugdale also expressed concern that there was a "generation of young people written off for not being young enough" as she highlighted the rise of unemployment in 20-24 year olds from 8.9% to 17.7%
She said the government was not doing enough to address youth unemployment and her party could not support the government motion as a result.
Liz Smith, closing for the Conservatives, called on the Scottish government to reflect on how it could possibly justify the extent of the cuts it had made to college budgets.
Youth Employment Minister Angela Constance said action had been taken highlighting the additional £80m which would help 23,000 young people towards work, the Make Young People Your Business campaign and the Employer Recruitment Initiative.
Ms Constance concluded by saying: "We should celebrate the reduction in youth unemployment as a step in the right direction but we can asssure this parliament that we most certainly will not be taking our foot of the gas."
You can watch the first part of the debate below on:
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.