The Social Development Minister Alex Attwood brought improvements to a range of orders for approval in the assembly, on 21 June 2010.
The assembly passed the following orders:
- Pensions Regulator Tribunal Order
- Mesothelioma Lump Sum Regulations
- Occupational and Personal Pensions Schemes Regulations
- Social Security (Contributions Credits for Parents and Carers)
- Social Security Benefits Uprising Order
The chairperson of the Social Development Committee, Simon Hamilton, said that the Social Security Benefits Uprising Order, which normally increases benefits in line with inflation, had instead increased most benefits by 1.5% - or the inflation increase expected for 2011-12.