On 26 July 2010, Commons business began with questions to Culture Media and Sport Secretary Jeremy Hunt and his team on:
• broadcasting rules on political impartiality in television news
• the television licence fee
• plans to grant the National Audit Office access to the BBC's accounts
• the Licensing Act 2003.
MPs then put questions to Deputy Leader of the House David Heath and Sir Stuart Bell, representing the House of Commons Commission, on:
• Early Day Motions
• parliamentary procedure governing major policy announcements
• Parliamentary Recording Unit charges.