MEPs held their daily voting session on 21 November 2012, during which they voted to approve:
• the appointment of Tonio Borg as the new Health Commissioner replacing John Dalli who resigned after allegations of fraud that he denies
• releasing 670m of EU funding to help areas of northern Italy hit by an earthquake in May. The decision over how to fund the reconstruction has been hit by delays after an argument between the parliament and the Council over where the money should come from. In the end, national governments agreed to add the funding to the EU's 2012 budget
• a deal with Russia over the imports of wood, allowing EU firms to import spruce and pine from Russia at cheaper rates
• technical changes to trade laws governing the trade of processed poultry meat between the EU, Brazil and Thailand
• reports on the reform of the
Schengen Information System
• the annual report on the application of
• reports by the Industry and Environment Committees on the extraction of
• the annual report of the European Parliament's
to how the plenary sessions work.
on the use of simultaneous interpretations, on the European Parliament's website.