MEPs held their daily voting session on 11 September 2012, during which they voted to approve:
• using the European Globalisation Adjustment Fund to assist people recently made redundant through job losses in the shipbuilding sector in the Danish town of Odense, and the construction sector in the Spanish region of Aragon.
energy efficiency directive
• a request for the waiver of the parliamentary immunity of Polish MEP Jaroslaw Leszek Walesa and German MEP Birgit Collin-Langen
• a report on allegations of
• new laws on European
• postponing the final decision on new rules on the electronic
of bovine animals
• rules on the sulphur content of
• the single payment scheme and support to vine growers
• administrative co-operation through the Internal Market Information System
by parliamentary committees
The voting session was also used for MEPs to hold a minute's silence in tribute to the victims of the terrorist attacks of September 11th 2001.
to how the plenary sessions work.
on the use of simultaneous interpretations, on the European Parliament's website.