1. The term graffiti comes from the Greek word 'graphein' which means 'to write'.
2. Graffiti was first found on ancient Roman architecture.
3. Most graffiti artists prefer to be called 'writers' and each have their own unique 'tag'.
4. Graffiti refers to marks or writings, sometimes colourful, sometimes simple.
5. Artists who are into graffiti have a desire for public recognition and want to see their work around town.
6. Communities of writers who are friends are known as 'crews'.
7. Spray cans are most commonly used in graffiti as they have different nozzles for different coverage.
8. Those writers that are inexperienced or new to an area are called 'toys'.
9. Graffiti is now so popular it can be seen in many museums and art galleries.
10. Graffiti is still illegal in many places and you could be fined.