Here's a guide to keeping safe on fireworks night:
- Plan your firework display in advance to make it safe and enjoyable
- Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time
- Read the instructions on each firework carefully, use a torch if you need to
- Keep flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks except when ready to set them off
- Light the firework at arm┐s length with a taper and stand well back
- Never go back to a firework once it has been lit, even if it doesn't go off
- Don't put fireworks in your pockets and never throw them
- Point all rocket fireworks well away from spectators
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire
- Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
And remember to have fun!