People have been asked to take extra care of their pets after a cat died in a firework attack.
The RSPCA said it was horrified by the number of animals which are injured around firework night each year - and most of them could be avoided if people took a few precautions.
But some animals, like the cat Jay, were the victim of cruel people who hurt them on purpose.
It is thought someone tied a firework to Jay's tail and he had to be put down.
Follow these simple rules to keep your pets safe:
- Never light fireworks near animals
- Keep all pets indoors after dark
- Move rabbits and outdoor pets to a garage or shed
- Keep curtains closed and disguise the noise by keeping the TV on
- Remember to check under bonfires for hedgehogs