Divide the class into small groups and get them to rank the comments in order of how much they agree with them.
They could cut out each comment so that they can change their order more easily and then stick them on a sheet of labelled A3 paper.
Recap on the main teaching points and allow students to present the views they most and least agree with.
- Famous people who have said they are vegetarian include:
- Albert Einstein (scientist)
- Alicia Silverstone (actress)
- Damon Albarn (singer)
- Drew Barrymore (actress)
- Joanna Lumley (actress)
- Lenny Kravitz (singer)
- Liv Tyler (actress)
- Ricki Lake (talk-show host)
- Sir Isaac Newton (scientist)
- Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish, and poultry.
- Vegans are vegetarians who don't eat or use all animal products, including milk, cheese, other dairy items, eggs, wool, silk, and leather.
- Among the many reasons for being a vegetarian are health, ecological, and religious concerns, dislike of meat, compassion for animals, belief in non-violence, and economics.
- The American Dietetic Association has affirmed that a vegetarian diet can meet all known nutrient needs.
- The key to a healthy vegetarian diet, as with any other diet, is to eat a wide variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, plenty of leafy greens, whole grain products, nuts and seeds.
- The largest concentration of vegetarians in the world is found in India, the homeland of Buddhism and Hinduism.
For all links and resources click at top right.