Students work out the correct definitions of the new words from the facts.
Answers for the prefixes worksheet:
1. A decapod is a marine creature with five pairs of legs.
2. An autobiography is the story of a person's own life.
3. An aqualung is a container for divers underwater.
4. The meanings of the prefixes:
5. Decimate, octopus, antenatal, postscript, contrary.
- deci - one tenth (Latin)
- oct - eight (Greek)
- ante - before (Latin)
- post - after (Latin)
- contra - against (Latin)
Students research the definitions on the worksheet.