Explain to the class why writers organise their work into paragraphs:
With the class decide which aspects of the story each paragraph deals with.
- Easier to read
- Better presentation
- Shows changes (time, place, subject, speaker etc)
The paragraph number and what it is about:
1. What has happened and how many people have died.
2. Tells how many are missing and the flood's place in history.
3. How many people have been affected and what they have been forced to do.
4. Difficulties in getting aid to people affected.
5. How the air force is trying to help.
6. Other ways the flooding has affected the country and hopes for the future.
Give out copies of the