The opposer disagrees with the motion:
"Exploring space is a waste of money."
The opposer could use the points below when making their speech.
Spaces have been left for them to add points of their own:
- For centuries, man has explored. Why should we stop now?
- We belong in space; we belong in the cosmos. The greatest achievements, discoveries and knowledge will be gained in space. I just hope I'm around long enough to see these events happen!
- It's not just about space exploration, it's about spending on research. Past space exploration gave us everything from freeze-dried food to WD-40 oil. You could even argue it drove a US tech boom. Just image what problems will have to be solved to get to Mars and what benefits this might bring.
- Someone asked why go to Mars? It may answer one of the great questions about the universe. Are we alone?
- How can we know if it's worth the money or not unless we go there?