Recap on the main teaching points.
The class provide constructive feedback on the design and content of their posters.
Which parts of the local area's culture do students consider more important?
Turn this into an assembly
- Tony Blair stated that Britain is divided between the "haves and the have nots" rather than by a north-south gap.
- Disposable income per head in London is £11,084 compared to £8,080 in the north east.
- Unemployment rates vary from 3.7% in the south east to 10.1% in the north east.
- Percentage of households receiving benefit ranges from 63% in the south east to 77% in the north east.
- Percentage of households living in poor housing in 1996 varied from 11% in the south west to 19% in London.
- Make enlarged versions of suitable images.
- Display a wall-chart of the UK.
- Ask for volunteers to express opinions.
For all links and resources click at top right.