Wild about wildcats? Then try out our quiz...
1.) Question 1
2.) Question 2
You can find wildcats in the UK - their home is * .
3.) Question 3
What are wildcat tails like?
- The tail ends are rounded.
- The tail ends are pointy.
- Wildcats don't have tails at all.
4.) Question 4
Wildcats are nocturnal - but what does nocturnal mean?
- Active at night
- Likes knocking on doors
- Turns around a lot
5.) Question 5
Animals and plants have scientific names – what is the scientific name for a wildcat?
- Panthera leo
- Felis catus
- Felis silvestris
- Just like household cats, wildcats are mammals.
- Wildcats are very rare in the UK, but they can be found in Scotland.
- Wildcats do have tails, but they are different from household cats. Wildcat tails have rounded ends and are bushier.
- If an animal is nocturnal, it means it is active during the night.
- Animals and plants have scientific names – the scientific name for a wildcat is Felis silvestris.
0 - 1 : Not wildly good
2 - 3 : Well done
4 - 5 : Purr-fect
MOST POPULAR STORIES