Bones and Skeletons Quiz
How much do you know about knobbly knees and bendy bones - let's see shall we?
1.) Question 1
How many bones are there in an adult skeleton?
2.) Question 2
What's the knee cap known as?
3.) Question 3
The longest bone of the body is the * bone.
4.) Question 4
* is the shortest bone in the body.
- stirrup bone
5.) Question 5
The bones of the cranium, that cover the brain, are flexible when you're born - how long does it take for them to fully fuse together?
- 1 month
- 12 months
- 24 months
6.) Question 6
A flag with a skull and crossbones on it suggests that who's on board a ship?
- Ambulance service
- An adult skeleton contains 206 bones!
- Patella is the name for the knee cap.
- The thighbone, or femur as it's called, is the longest bone in your body.
- The smallest bone in the body is in your ear and is called the stirrup bone.
- The eight bones that make up the cranium are not fused together at birth - it takes them about 24 months to fuse and form the adult skull.
- A flag with a skull and crossbones usually suggests that pirates are on the ship.
0 - 2 : OK
3 - 4 : Pretty impressive
5 - 6 : Rib ticklingly great!