How much do you know about the famous ship? Take Newsround's quiz to find out!
1.) Question 1
In which year did the Titanic set sail for New York?
2.) Question 2
Where did the Titanic set sail from?
3.) Question 3
The Titanic was * metres long.
4.) Question 4
Where was the Titanic supposed to be sailing to?
- North America
5.) Question 5
What caused the boat to sink?
- It hit an iceberg
- It hit a rock
- It hit another boat
6.) Question 6
Women and *
7.) Question 7
Where was the ship built?
8.) Question 8
How many people died when the boat sank?
9.) Question 9
Where is the boat now?
- In a museum
- At the bottom of the ocean
- No-one knows
10.) Question 10
How many Oscars did the 1997 film about Titanic's voyage win?
- The Titanic set sail on 10 April 1912.
- The Titanic set sail from Southampton.
- The Titanic was 269 metres long and at that time was one of the largest ships in the world.
- The Titanic was supposed to be taking passengers from Southampton to New York.
- The Titanic hit an iceberg just four days into its first voyage across the ocean.
- Women and children were allowed to go into the lifeboats first, followed by the first class passengers. Sadly there were only enough lifeboats for half of the passengers.
- The ship was built in Belfast. Lots of the people who helped to build it bought tickets to make the journey across to America.
- Around 1,517 are thought to have died when the Titanic sank making it the biggest non-conflict sailing disaster in history.
- The Titanic is still at the bottom of the ocean where it sank, no-one has been able to recover it.
- The 1997 Titanic film, directed by James Cameron and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, won 11 Oscars including best picture!
0 - 3 : Nice try
4 - 6 : Good going
7 - 10 : Brilliant!