World War II quiz
How much do you know about World War II?
1.) Question 1
When did World War II start?
2.) Question 2
Which countries were Britain fighting against during the war?
- America and France
- Germany, Italy and Japan
- Spain and China
3.) Question 3
Germany invades *
4.) Question 4
The last name of Germany's leader during the war was Hitler, but what was his first name?
5.) Question 5
During the war German planes dropped bombs on lots of British cities. What were these attacks called?
- The Bombings
- The Attacks
- The Blitz
6.) Question 6
Dig for *
7.) Question 7
What was the name of the British prime minister at the end of the war?
- Tony Blair
- Margret Thatcher
- Winston Churchill
8.) Question 8
During the war children who lived in big cities across the UK were sent to stay in the countryside where it was safer. What were they called?
- City kids
9.) Question 9
When did the USA join the war?
10.) Question 10
When did the war end?
- World War II began on 3 September 1939.
- Britain was fighting against Germany, Italy and Japan. During the war Germany, Italy and Japan were known as the Axis Powers and Britain, France and America were called the Allies.
- The Allies declared war on Germany after the country's army invaded Poland.
- Adolf Hitler was the leader of the Nazi party, the group in charge of Germany during the war.
- The attacks on cities across the UK are called the Blitz.
- Dig for Victory was a famous slogan during the war. In the UK food from shops was rationed which meant that people were told to grow more veg in their gardens.
- Winston Churchill became prime minister in 1940. His speeches during the war are famous for keeping the country's spirits high!
- The children who left cities were called evacuees.
- The USA joined the Allies, Britain and France, in 1941 after Japan attacked one of their army bases called Pearl Harbor.
- The war ended on 7 May 1945 when Germany surrendered. Japan surrendered soon after on the 14 August.
0 - 3 : Uh-oh
4 - 6 : Not bad
7 - 10 : Top knowledge!