Reckon you can spot a moon from a martian? Take Newsround's space quiz to find out!
1.) Question 1
What is the name of our galaxy?
- The Milky Way
- The Magic Way
- The Mystic Way
2.) Question 2
Which is the biggest planet in our solar system?
3.) Question 3
In which year did the first manned mission land on the moon?
4.) Question 4
* telescope finds most distant galaxy yet
5.) Question 5
What does NASA stand for?
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- North American Space Authority
- New Air Space Arena
6.) Question 6
What is a meteor also known as?
- A shooting star
- A speeding star
- A spinning star
7.) Question 7
In which year was the International Space Station first launched?
8.) Question 8
9.) Question 9
What is the name given to parts of space where nothing can escape, not even light?
- A white hole
- A dark hole
- A black hole
10.) Question 10
Who was the first human in space?
- Yuri Gagarin
- Brian Cox
- Neil Armstrong
- Our galaxy is called the Milky Way!
- Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system, experts reckon that it is almost 1000 times bigger than earth.
- Apollo 11, the first manned space mission to land on the moon blasted off in 1969.
- The Hubble telescope was first launched in 1990 and has made some amazing discoveries to help scientists better understand the universe.
- NASA stands for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and is part of the American space programme.
- A meteor is also called a shooting star!
- The International Space Station was first launched in 1998, on a clear day you can sometimes spot if from earth without even using a telescope!
- Buzz Aldrin was one of the first American astronauts to walk on the moon.
- A black hole is the name given to a part of space from which nothing, not even light, can escape.
- Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin was the first human to go to space in 1961!
0 - 3 : Failure to launch
4 - 6 : Shooting star!
7 - 10 : You're out of this world!