2010 Quiz of the Year!
What an amazing year it's been! We've had predicting octopuses, a massive oil spill and who could forget the amazing rescue of the Chilean miners! See how much you remember from 2010!
1.) Question 1
A terrible start to the year in Haiti. The country was hit by a massive earthquake in January, killing thousands. Where is Haiti?
- The Caribbean
2.) Question 2
Blue Peter presenter Helen Skelton made history in February by becoming the first woman to kayak 2,010 miles down a river on her own. Which river was it?
3.) Question 3
Avatar was nominated for a massive nine Oscars - but at the ceremony in March, how many awards did the 3D film come away with?
4.) Question 4
In April, a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico soon became known as the worst in US history. Which oil company was associated with the spill?
5.) Question 5
In May - as a result of the general election, David Cameron became the Prime Minister of the UK. Who was appointed as his Deputy?
- Nick Clegg
- Gordon Brown
- Matt Smith
6.) Question 6
Fans around the world found lots of ways to remember Michael Jackson a year after his unexpected death. How old was he when he died?
7.) Question 7
Paul the Octopus became famous in July for correctly predicting the outcome of World Cup matches. Which country wanted to buy him?
8.) Question 8
In August, the world's eyes were on Chile, where a group of miners were trapped in a gold and copper mine. How many miners were stuck?
9.) Question 9
In September, Pope Benedict XVI arrived in the UK for four days. Where does the Pope live?
- Vatican City
10.) Question 10
In October - the Commonwealth Games took place in India. Which city were the Games held in?
11.) Question 11
The moment all Harry Potter fans were waiting for came in November - the release of Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Where was the world premiere of the film held?
12.) Question 12
Who could forget Matt Cardle winning The X Factor in December! What is the name of his debut single?
- When We Collide
- When We Kiss
- When We Say Goodbye
- The country of Haiti is in the Caribbean. About 230,000 people died in the quake.
- Helen began her journey down the Amazon River near Nauta in Peru and finished on 28 February near Almeirim in Brazil.
- Avatar won three Oscars for art direction, cinematography and visual effects.
- Oil started gushing into the sea after a BP oil rig exploded and sank off the coast of Louisiana on 22 April.
- Nick Clegg is the leader of the Liberal Democrat party and he became Mr Cameron's Deputy after a coalition government was formed.
- The King of Pop died, aged 50, just weeks before he was due to start a series of comeback concerts in London.
- Spain wanted to buy Paul the 'psychic' octopus after he correctly predicted they would win the World Cup, but his owners said no!
- 33 miners were trapped for about two and a half months before a massive rescue operation took place to free them.
- The Pope lives in Vatican City.
- The 2010 Commonwealth Games were held in Delhi. The organisers were criticised after lots of the facilities weren't ready on time for the athletes.
- The premiere of the film was held in London. The film went on to smash UK box office records taking about £17.5m over its first weekend.
- Around 17.2 million people watched Matt perform his debut single When We Collide, after he beat Rebecca Ferguson to the X Factor title!
0 - 4 : Try again!
5 - 8 : Well done!
9 - 12 : Excellent!