BBC Home
Explore the BBC



Last Updated: Monday October 25 2010 07:51 GMT

Highs and lows of all the weekend's footie action

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez turning away from Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross (right) and Rory Delap during the Premier League match at the Britannia Stadium, Stoke on Trent

Manchester United have just agreed to spend millions to keep Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford, but they didn't need him to beat Stoke City at the weekend.

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez celebrates scoring his team's second goal during their Premier League match against Stoke City at the Britannia stadium

Rooney's replacement, Javier Hernandez, scored twice at the Britannia Stadium to help the Red Devils win 2-1.

Manchester City defender Dedryck Boyata (second left) is shown the red card by referee Mark Clattenburg during City's match against Arsenal at The City of Manchester stadium

Manchester City had a disaster at home against Arsenal, losing 3-0. They played most of the match with 10 men after Dedryck Boyata was sent off within the first few minutes!

Liverpool's Fernando Torres (Right) celebrates scoring his goal against Blackburn Rovers with Liverpool's Martin Skrtel during a Premier League match at Anfield in Liverpool

There was good news for Liverpool fans - their team beat Blackburn 2-1. It's the Reds' first win under their new owners, but still wasn't enough to lift them out of the bottom three.

Jamie Carragher looks gutted after scoring an own goal during Liverpool's match against Blackburn, at Anfield

All the goals came within five minutes. An own goal by Jamie Carragher cancelled out a header from Sotirios Kergiakos two minutes earlier, before Fernando Torres scored the winner.

Celtic's Gary Hooper (Left) celebrates scoring against Rangers during their Scottish Premier League "Old Firm" match in Glasgow, Scotland

In the Scottish Premier League, Celtic and Rangers faced each other at Celtic Park. Gary Hooper put the home side ahead with a close range shot, on the stroke of half-time.

Rangers' Maurice Edu, Steven Naismith and Kenny Miller (L-R) celebrate their third goal against Celtic during their Scottish Premier League soccer match at Celtic Park, Glasgow

Rangers levelled after the break, thanks to an own goal by Celtic defender Glenn Loovens. But it was a double by Kenny Miller that gave Rangers their 3-1 win.