Cat dyed pink with food colouring
The owner of a pink cat found in Swindon, south-west England, says she dyed her pet with red food colouring because she loves the colour pink.
Pink-haired Natasha Gregory says she loves her naturally white cat, called Oi! Kitty - and wants her back.
The RSPCA has been trying to trace the owner since finding the pink cat in a back garden earlier this month.
Owner Natasha said: "I think the cat just looked nice, but I don't think I'll be doing it again."
The RSPCA was worried that the cat had been the victim of a sick prank.
Vet Penny Gillespie, who's been looking after the cat, said that dyeing your pets can be dangerous because they could be poisoned by whatever is being used to dye them.
She commented that the dye was "not toxic but still unpleasant".
But Natasha says she contacted a national newspaper because she wanted to tell her side of the story: "I wanted people to know she wasn't harmed at all."