BBC Home
Explore the BBC



Last Updated: Monday March 15 2010 08:21 GMT

Dog eats 12,000 diamond

The dog that swallowed a diamond

A dog in the US caused his owners a panic when he swallowed a diamond worth $20,000 (around £12,000) in a jewellery shop.

A diamond dealer had brought the precious stone to the shop, but he dropped it and Soli the golden retriever wolfed it down.

There was no way the owners could get the diamond back out from Soli.

So they had to wait for nature to take its course, and the diamond to pass through the dog, before returning it!