BBC Home
Explore the BBC



Last Updated: Thursday April 30 2009 14:10 GMT

D'oh! Dog eats Homer Simpson toy

Dixie the dog and the toy which she swalled on X-ray

D'oh! A dog had to have life-saving emergency surgery after she wolfed down a Homer Simpson toy.

Dixie, a Dalmation cross, was taken to the vets after becoming ill - and an X-ray showed the little plastic figure.

Her owner Victoria Keir, from Aberdeen, Scotland, said the dog had scoffed down a chocolate egg which had the Simpson toy inside a plastic capsule.

Vets from the charity PDSA said that without having surgery Dixie wouldn't have survived.

PDSA vet Alison Hamel said: "We see many objects that have been swallowed, but this has to be one of the most unusual."