Mark Cooper runs No To Knives, a project which helps kids deal with knife crime.
Here's his top tips on staying safe around knives...
- NEVER go near someone holding a knife.
- Avoid areas you know to be dodgy.
- If someone pulls a knife on you, the best thing you can do is get as far away as possible - and quickly.
- Run to a shop, or somewhere where there are other people, and make lots of noise to draw attention to yourself.
- Speak to an adult if you're scared or are being bullied
- Remember it is illegal to carry a knife
- A knife will NOT protect you. They are designed to attack, not defend.
REMEMBER: There is nothing cool about carrying knives.