Press Packer Sachi got a cooking lesson from teenage chef Sam Stern.
Here's what they cooked up:
For 2-4 pizza bases
450g/1lb strong white bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp caster sugar
2 x 7g sachet fast action dried yeast
300ml/1/2 pint warm water
2 tbsps good olive oil
1 clove garlic
Few black olives
Few basil leaves
Freshly grated Parmesan
1. Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Add sugar and yeast
2. Pour in water and olive oil. Mix together with fingers.
3. Work dough into soft warm ball. Add a drop more water if needed.
4. Slap onto floured board. Punch, pull, thump and knead for 10 minutes till soft and elastic.
5. Break off a small piece.
6. Roll out on to floured board till just smaller than your griddle or frying pan.
Put in pan. It will bubble and maybe puff.
8. Cook 1 minute or till done. Turn. Cook another minute.
9. Put grill on to max heat to warm up.
10. Mix garlic into tomato sauce. Spread very thinly on base. Chuck on olives, herbs, Parmesan, drizzle with a little olive oil.
11. Grill for 1-2 minutes or till slightly charred, crisp and sizzling.
Total cooking time
A speedy 4-5 minutes!
For all of Sam's quick recipes, check out his new cookbook, Real Food Real Fast.