A python who swallowed an electric blanket has had emergency surgery to remove his unusual feast.
The 12ft-long creature, called Houdini, gobbled up the blanket plus its electric cord and control box at his owner's home in the US.
Vets say it would have taken Houdini six hours to finish his feast.
They believe the 18-year-old snake would have died if they had not carried out the operation. The blanket was put in Houdini's cage to keep him warm.
X-ray of Houdini's tummy
The snake's owner has had him for 16 years and describes the creature as "very mellow and very friendly".
Vets say the snake is doing well after his operation.