Manchester United have said they will not sell winger Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Portugal player's future at the club had been in doubt after he expressed an interest in joining Real Madrid or Barcelona.
But the 21-year-old still has four years to run on his contract, and Manchester United have said they expect him to honour it.
Ronaldo was criticised for getting involved in Wayne Rooney's sending off during the World Cup quarter-final.
Rooney was shown a red card for stamping on an opponent and Ronaldo interfered.
Manchester United said: "Cristiano recently signed a contract until 2010 and the club expects him to honour that contract. The club will not listen to any offers for Cristiano."
After the quarter-final Ronaldo said: "I should get out of Manchester as the circumstances are not right.
"Nobody stood up for me and my desire is to play in Spain. Will it be Real or Barcelona? It will be one of them."
But on Wednesday the Portuguese player seemed to have changed his mind. He said: "I have no reasons to leave the club which has always supported me and has always helped me to evolve as a player."