Match these actions (numbers) with the reasons (letters).
1. SAY NO TO PLASTIC BAGS WHENEVER POSSIBLE
2. FIT AT LEAST ONE ENERGY-SAVING LIGHT BULB
3. LEARN BASIC FIRST AID
4. SMILE AND SMILE BACK
5. TURN OFF APPLIANCES AT THE MAINS
6. RECYCLE YOUR MOBILE PHONE
7. SPEND TIME WITH SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT GENERATION
8. GIVE YOUR CHANGE TO CHARITY
9. TRY WATCHING LESS TV
10. TURN OFF UNNECESSARY LIGHTS
11. PUT YOUR GUM IN THE BIN
12. PAY MORE WHEN YOU BUY AT CHARITY SHOPS
13. TURN OFF THE TAP WHILST BRUSHING YOUR TEETH
14. DO SOMETHING YOU THINK YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO
15. RECYCLE YOUR BOOKS
16. BUY FAIRLY TRADED PRODUCTS
17. WRITE TO SOMEONE WHO INSPIRED YOU
A. Why? You could save someone's life!
B. Why? The people who produce the goods share the profits and get better working
C. Why? People in other countries can use them and they pollute landfill sites.
D. Why? People's mood is based on how they get treated.
E. Why? We all appreciate recognition and we all need encouragement.
F. Why? They see the world differently and they want to know how you see it.
G. Why? It wastes as much water as many families in poor countries live on each day.
H. Why? It can make you turn off from reality - get your own back!
I. Why? Saves paper, shares words.
J. Why? Many plastic bags can take up to 500 years to break down when buried.
K. Why? You never know who you are until you try stretching your limits.
L. Why? In the UK we buy about 1,000 million packets of chewing gum a year and it
costs £150 million to clean up.
M. Why? Because at charity shops all the profits go to people in need.
N. Why? It all adds up. It makes the world the way you want it.
O. Why? They use just one quarter of the electricity that the ordinary kind do.
P. Why? A TV, Video and DVD on standby still use up electricity.
Q. Why? Because they burn up the earth's resources for no purpose whatsoever.