Speedy the hamster had a lucky getaway, after chomping enough rat poison to kill him 10 times over, and surviving.
His owner, Sarah Mullen, from Dorset, woke up to find he had escaped from his cage, and his teeth were covered in the deadly blue powder.
She quickly put him back into his cage, so he would empty his cheek pouches, which hamsters use to store food before eating it, then rushed him to the vet.
After a series of Vitamin K injections, Speedy is healthy once more.
The eight month old Siberian ham-star is now set to enter the PDSA Survivor of the Year 2005 competition, for animals that have survived against all the odds.