Lots of people reach into new boxes of cereal to search for a free gift, but not many of them find a live snake.
That's what happened to five-year-old Jordan Willett when he was hunting in a box of cereal for a toy.
Instead of a plastic toy he pulled out a 60cm-long corn snake, which jumped at him when he touched it.
Luckily for Jordan the snake - which normally feeds on mice and birds - wasn't poisonous, although it may still have hurt if had bitten him.
An animal expert who checked over the snake added that he thought the snake may have been a pet and was well looked after.
A spokesman for Netto, who sold the cereal, said: "This does seem to be a bizarre incident but we are taking it very seriously.
"Netto is in discussions with its supplier to ensure that all procedures are reviewed and we will be making checks on our stock."