BBC Home
Explore the BBC

CBBC

TV/Film

Last Updated: Thursday March 31 2005 16:37 GMT

Osbournes escape blaze at mansion

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne at an awards ceremony
Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne had to run out of their house when a fire broke out in their living room.

A fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and the couple had to grab their pets and run into the garden.

Luckily they were not injured but both Ozzy and Sharon were treated after they breathed in smoke. Firefighters were called to put out the blaze.

It's thought the cause of the fire, which happened on Good Friday, was something electrical.

It's not known exactly how much damage was done to their home in Buckinghamshire but it's thought to run into several thousand pounds.

It's the latest event in a run of bad luck for the Osbournes. In December 2003, Ozzy was in hospital for weeks after seriously injuring himself on a quad bike.

And the couple's house was burgled in November 2004 and around 2 million worth of jewellery was stolen.



BBC Homepage >> | CBBC Homepage >>

Meet the Team | Help | Contact Us | News sources | Privacy & Cookies Policy