In England, fireworks are used to celebrate November 5 - the anniversary of
Guy Fawkes' failed attempt to blow up the houses of Parliament.
Other countries use fireworks to mark the anniversary of different events. Here are a few of them:
- The signing of the US Declaration of Independence on July 4
- The start of the French Revolution on July 14
- The Chinese New Year, which is about a month after Jan 1.
- Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights, at the end of October or beginning of November
- The Jewish festival of Hanukkah, around December or January.
- Canada Day on July 1