Are you footie mad? Know all there is to know about the sport? Then try out our quiz.
1.) Question 1
Which British team was the first to lift the European Cup in 1967?
- Swansea City
- Tottenham Hotspur
2.) Question 2
Which nation has won the World Cup more than any other?
3.) Question 3
Which team was the first to complete a double in England of the league title and the FA Cup?
- Manchester United
- Preston North End
4.) Question 4
Which FIFA World Cup was David Beckham's first?
- 1998 World Cup in France
- 1994 World Cup in USA
- 1990 World Cup in Italy
5.) Question 5
In which country was the first FIFA World Cup held?
6.) Question 6
In what year was the first FIFA Women's World Cup held?
7.) Question 7
Australia hold the record for the biggest winning margin in an international match, but what was the score?
8.) Question 8
TV footie presenter Gary Lineker played for many teams during his footie career - which of these teams did he NOT play for?
- AC Milan
- Nagoya Grampus Eight
- Scottish team Celtic were the winners of the European Cup in 1967.
- Brazil has won five times, but Italy is close behind with four wins.
- Preston North End was the first to complete a double in England of the league title and the FA Cup. This was in 1889.
- David Beckham played in his first FIFA World Cup in 1998.
- The South American country of Uruguay hosted the first World Cup in 1930. They also took the trophy becoming football's first world champions!
- The first Women's World Cup was in 1991 in China. America's team took the trophy that year.
- Australia beat American Samoa with a whopping 31-0 in a World Cup qualifying match in 2001.
- During his playing career, Gary Lineker played for Leicester City, Everton, Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur and Japanese team Nagoya Grampus Eight. He didn't play for AC Milan.
0 - 2 : Why not try again?
3 - 5 : Footie fan!
6 - 8 : Footie mad!