There are things you can do to help your body's cells keep healthy throughout your life.
Lots of them are about being sensible.
Remember: what you do when you are young can affect your health in good and bad ways when you are older.
Things you can do:
- Don't smoke
- Protect yourself in the sun
- Eat a healthy diet - plenty of fruit and veg
- Cut down on red meat
- Don't drink too much alcohol
- Keep your body at a healthy weight - not too skinny and not too fat!
- Be aware of changes on your body
- Make sure you check yourself for unusual lumps
- Get any suspicious lump or mark checked out by a doctor - do not be embarrassed! To them, bodies are just like car engines
- Don't stress out!